Below are links, dialogue and photographs that tell the history of the Grandview-Hopkins Independent School District.  For more photos and history of Grandview-Hopkins ISD, visit the White Deer Land Museum in Pampa, Texas.

Grandview Community & School History

Student Body from 1930's

 

Hopkins Community & School History

Hopkins 1928-29 Hopkins 1928-1929

 

Grandview-Hopkins Consolidated School District

In January of 1973, a motion to petition an election for consolidation was passed…five to one.  Because of possible loss of funding and low student enrollment for Grandview and Hopkins ISD, the process of consolidation between Grandview and Hopkins began.  The final board meeting of the Grandview Common School was held on May 17, 1973.  At this meeting new board members were recognized and the new vision for the Grandview-Hopkins ISD began.  Many discussions followed concerning funding and location of the new district.  The new board decided to utilize the Grandview campus instead of the Hopkins facilities.  Little changes in the buildings followed as the years passed until the bond election of 1999.  A two million dollar bond election was passed to renovate, add to and upgrade the existing facilities.

School in 1993

School in 1993

School in 2001